Friday, December 27, 2019

Monthly Net-Worth Update - Dec 2019

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here.

Wish you a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It is the end of the month, which means it is time for another monthly Net-Worth update.


Net-Worth increase from last month: ~34K SGD

This is a pretty good month for us. Apart from our salaries, the increase mainly comes from our stock investments. Again, these are ETFs tracking World, Singapore and China markets.

I hope this trend can continue. However, I might be out of a job after January next year. Finger crossed that I will find something by then. Otherwise, our Net-Worth will probably be declining until I find my next income sources, be it a job or a business or anything else (not breaking any laws for sure).


Investment: 6.47% annualized return, incl. dividend 

Compared to the annualized return of 5.49% last month, this month is a very good one. We are actually thinking whether we should sell our position to take the gains, even though the absolute number is not big. This is also due to the possibility of me being out of a job after Jan and that we might need the money for our monthly cash flow.


Anyway, shit happens in life and no one can say they have complete control over it. We believe this is a temporary set-back that reminds me to learn the lessons in the hard way and thus positions us for greater greatness. But at the same time, it is still damn scary and worries me a great deal. No more holiday mood, that is for sure.

My wife has been really supportive and always trying to ease my worries. I am lucky to have her. My two kids as well. I will do my best to make sure they are not affected. They deserve what they have now and more.

Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment