Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Monthly Net-Worth Update - Jan 2020

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here.

Happy and Healthy Chinese New Year!

It is the end of the month, which means it is time for another monthly Net-Worth update.


Net-Worth increase from last month: ~73K SGD

The increase was mainly due to salaries, bonuses, leave encashment, company stock program, CPF contribution and interest.

Our investment value and gain did not change due to the recent drop.

I wish we could have this kind of increases every month.

Over 2019 or more preciously the past 12 months, our average monthly net-worth increase is about 16KSGD.

From next week, I will be on a new job, one with likely lower net income, less stability, more stress, heavier workload, less free time and much more traveling. Hopefully, it will also provide more learning opportunities and in time, opportunities to advance in career and income.

I totally expect our net-worth increases to slow down going forward. However, I target to increase that number to 40KSGD by the time I turn 40, i.e. our average monthly household net-worth increase needs to reach 40K during the calendar year which my 40th birthday falls in, after all reasonable expenses without sacrificing quality of life, OR I need to reach the equivalent income level (sorry, not to disclose that here now).

That is my goal and I call it "40/40".



Investment: 6.04% annualized return, incl. dividend 

Compared to the annualized return of 6.47% last month, we see a dip.

The start of 2020 is not a particularly good one, both on a Macro level and a Micro level.

On a Macro level, the virus and the pass of Kobe does not only hurt people's pocket, but also their feelings.

On a Micro level, well, I am not in a great situation either and a bit worsened by the Macro level as well.

However, it is not really too bad either.

The virus will be contained and life will resume. And I still have a job and there is still hope.

Again, the only easy day was yesterday. No more illusions! Lets Fight!

Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment