Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Another quick update on life

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here.

This post is going to be another quick update of my life. Hopefully, this one is going to be a short one.


1. My investment

During the free-fall market, I have depleted 60% of my limited war chest, and the market continues to free-fall. I guess my confidence in the market is overrated. Lets see what happens next.

2. My offer

It finally came and it is potentially better than what I expected, if I out-perform, which is good. Now I just need to secure my visa and wait for the Virus episode to end.

3. My job 

It is busy and I am learning a lot. My work has been quite highly praised by my manager-to-be and I have started coaching other consultants. This is great because it means I have climbed higher in the value chain.

Going forward, it is going to be less about hands-on work like analysis or actually doing the slides, but more about storyline-level input, being resourceful, team management and client management. I will also have more stake in the performance of the team and department and the company.

I feel great to be given the opportunity which represents both recognition and trust. Getting the title is one thing and being recognized for that title could be entirely another. I am happy that I have got both.

Next, I just need to prove myself again to be worthy and then continue to the next level.


That is it for this post.

Till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment