Sunday, May 19, 2024

Monthly Net-Worth Update — May 2024

Photo by Morgan Housel on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here! 


Here comes the snapshot of our Total Net-Worth for May 2024.


Net-Worth increase from last month: +82K SGD, +0.83KG Gold

The increase was mainly due to stock market rebound, slight increase in property value and of course salary.

The stock rebound has been pleasant lately. But I offloaded a bulk of my portfolio beginning of this year. I am just a below-average investor who refuses to leave while the stocks are free falling, but offloads right before rebound or in the initial stage of rebound. Better for me to stick with Index and DCA and hope for the best.

In terms of Gold, the price has stayed largely flat compared to last month. So we see a small increase.

Photo by 金 运 on Unsplash

Investment: -8.09% annualized return, incl. dividend

Still sitting on huge loss.

Path forward is tough!


Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm sure your 2024 return is positive, all the indexes hitting all time high, Dow 40,000. Don't focus too much on historical losses but see how you can maximise your 2024 gains! I also have losses in some counters like China ETFs, but I remain optimistic that China will eventually recover.

    ReplyDelete