Friday, July 24, 2026

Monthly Net-Worth Update — Jul 2026

 

Photo by Morgan Housel on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


Here comes the snapshot of our Total Net-Worth for July 2026.

Net-Worth increase from last month: -471K SGD, -1.18KG Gold

We took a big hit this month due to the stock market, especially the AI trade. 

What a month! Full of news titles, volitility, confusion mixed with hope, FOMO at one moment and regret at the next...I guess this is what happens when people follow the market and news and do trading instead of investing.

Over the past year or so, I have been guilty of exiting the AI trade way too early, too fast and too much. This time, I held on and lets see what happens. Next week will be critical, with the earnings of the hyperscalers.

Also, looking back at my monthly tracking, I was a bit surprised to realize that the last time we had negative NetWorth increment was 23 months ago, which means we have had a 22-month streak of networth increases...Definitely the longest since we started tracking.


On the other hand, GOLD price continued to decline, but not as much as the AI trades. So we had negative increment in terms of GOLD as well.

Photo by 金 运 on Unsplash

Investment: +54% annualized return, incl. dividend


This is calculated based on the weighted average duration of all my investments. This is probably not the usual way of calculating returns in the Finance world. So just for reference.


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment