Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thinking vs Writing

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here.

"Writing is not the outcome of thinking; it is the medium in which thinking takes place"
                                                                                                               -Quote of the day

I had been thinking about a big blog entry on a somewhat controversial topic since last Sunday. For some time, I was really into the logic and conclusion of it. I even thought quite a bit about the structure of the entry.

However, when I started putting it down on paper (well, on screen) yesterday, the more I wrote, the less the whole thing appealed to me. The logic did not sound as exciting; The conclusion seemed boring; The whole issue felt like a specific case of another widely discussed topic.

Right before I stopped writing, I was literally asking myself how come it interested me that much and how come I did not see its "uninteresting" side until then.

Maybe I was tunnel-visioned by my emotional state initially; Maybe there was some perspective that I later forgot about; Maybe I did not manage to pick up the conflicts in my logic or the similarity of the issue with other topics in my initial thinking.

Whatever the reason, I believe writing it down as soon as possible will solve the problem to the extend possible.

So this is my strong suggestion to you, my dear Readers!

- If you have some ideas, write them down as soon as possible. It could be just the key points. This will help you:
  1. Record down all your perspectives and logics at that time
  2. More importantly, test your thinking through writing
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment