Saturday, April 25, 2020

Finally a moment of break

Dear readers,

Thank you for coming here.


This entry is going to be a short one, because I feel tired and want to get some rest.

For the past 10 days or so, I have been working like crazy, 6:30am to at least midnight every day. Though I am working from home, I barely talk to my family. I skip meals and very often do not even feel hungry.

The reason is that we started a new engagement. It is a challenging engagement from all aspects. The work has totally washed away the excitement I had when we won it.
  • Challenging clients:
    • Big scope with short timeline;
    • Scope changes whenever we have a meeting;
    • Demand everything to be completed immediately;
    • Seems to us that client team's full time job is to push us and to prove we have not done enough
  • Challenging teams:
    • Lack of experience and expertise
    • Lack of commitment
Of course, the fact that I am not handling the clients and managing the team well enough is the immediate reason why the above challenges are challenges.

We finally decided it was time to go back to the drawing board and start over with this client. And thus, I am getting a moment of break from noon. At least, I should have a few hours to enjoy before the next meeting.

I held my son and let him fall asleep on my shoulder after lunch. It felt peaceful and great.

In times like this, it is easy for me to miss things that allow me free time, like my previous job or a proper vacation. But I know I am extending my capability and thus making my future more secure by going through this. And I know it is the only best way for me.


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment