Thursday, January 20, 2022

Life: Tricks make us good at it, in a boring way

`Photo by Vinicius "amnx" Amano on Unsplash

Dear readers,

Thank you for coming here! 


I started to play Pavlov VR Zombie mode online a few weeks ago.

It was challenging in the beginning. But it was fun.

I was kind of hooked with the co-op experience and I was playing almost everyday. 

After a while, I started to learn tricks, either by discovering them myself or observing other people.

I got much better at it…and quickly lost interest.

I have not played the game for the past week.

If I took this experience as a cycle, the best experience for me was when I was hooked, playing and learning new staff every day.

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

Real world goes the same way.

When we get on a new job, we would be excited, working long hours and learning new staff. While challenging, we feel the fun (maybe only afterwards).

After a while, we get good at it and it becomes so boring.

That is why we need progress in terms of new scope, new title and new challenges.

The same applies to so many other areas, such as marriage, materialistic wants…

Photo by Sarah Dorweiler on Unsplash

People are funny creatures. 

When we are experiencing the best experiences of the cycle, all we want is to get past it.

Thus, the famous saying:

There are only two types of tragedies in life: when our wants are not met and when our wants are met.


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment