Thursday, May 19, 2022

Dreaming

Photo by Илья Мельниченко on Unsplash

 

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


I used to day-dream a lot.

I would be so deep into my day-dream that I would completely disconnect with the real world.

Sometimes, in school, I would start day dreaming in English lessons and wake up seeing math teacher on the stage…

The things I dreamed about were usually me achieving something impossible after hard work, me helping people around me or me saving the world.

I guess this happens to most kids.

But it was a problem for me because I appeared to do this to a much higher extend. And it affected my focus.

For example, I would miss a big part of the lessons and have to catch up afterwards.

I consciously fought it and fought it hard.

Fast-forwarding to today, I rarely day-dream.

Maybe I can claim victory in the war against day-dream.

However, in my job where thinking is a big part of the scope and being able to visualize success from the beginning is valued, I found it challenging to think right.

I cannot help wondering whether the victory contributed in some way.

Maybe I focused too much on winning the war and consciously suppressed some attributes that were potentially more valuable in the long term.

Photo by Greg Rakozy on Unsplash

I think day-dreaming should be done more.

Visualizing success before it happens does motivate me.

And it does reveal some insights sometimes.

It makes me realize the areas I miss or potential risks I do not predict.

And it tells me a lot about myself — what kind of victory I want, which part of the victory really excites me etc…

The challenge is to keep it on the thing we are doing now.

 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment