Thursday, May 12, 2022

One career tip after so long

Photo by Hunters Race on Unsplash

 

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


It has been so long since I wrote about any career tips.

Here is one:

  • Do Not Wait — if we have some ideas or plans, just put it in a presentable form and share it. This avoids looking lagging behind. Also it pushes our own thinking

How I got it?

From painful experiences. 

In career or any other situations, we want to be a step ahead.

While “Do Not Wait” wont guarantee it, it would go a long way if we apply it in every situation.



3 comments:

  1. 100% agree with the sharing of new ideas after putting it in presentable form. At the same time, "presentable form" is not just a nice powerpoint but something that shows you have put a bit of thought into it. To be presentable, you should run your ideas by a "test audience" first (like your friends/colleagues) so that you can get feedback in order to refine and improve it. By the way, I discovered your blog through thefinance.sg and noticed your similar interest in military history, though I studied the European theatre more than the Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and sharing your thoughts on the topic. Could not agree more that we need to show we have put thoughts into it, not just some pure hypothetical template etc. To me the best way is actually completing one or two examples so that I get the real feeling. Getting someone to vet it is definitely another way.

      Happy to know that you have similar interest! I have to say that my interest actually started with European theatre, mainly through games and movies/shows. I just have not read any book on it yet. It could be my next step. Any recommendations?

      Delete
    2. Hi, I am more of a casual reader, reading general ww2 history books and the more "common" books like "Longest Day" (I also like the black and white movie of the same name a lot) and various books on the Battle of Britain. I also like watching all the WW2 movies on Netflix like the recent "The Forgotten Battle."

      Delete