Thursday, August 25, 2022

Random Thoughts — Life Approaches

Photo by Constanze Amalie on Unsplash

 

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


There are so many ways one can live his/her life, especially now where basic needs are met for the majority of people.

While feeling happy and lucky about the freedom to choose, many of us cannot help wondering which approach would be best.

Take me for example.

I always know that I am not the self-motivated or self-disciplined type. So I try my best to surround myself with better people so that I feel the pressure to keep making efforts.

That was really the reason why I got into consulting.

That was also the reason why I have not settled when I could.

This approach yields benefits for sure.

By large, I believe I am much better off, compared to if I had settled before, not only financially, but also in terms of personal growth.

This approach also comes with draw-backs, of course.

I could not find my own pace since I am always playing catch-up. Therefore, I am never really confident or relaxed or happy.

Also I could not build up enough expertise in any area since once I get comfortable with an area, I am already looking for the next “opportunity” or “Challenge”.

The draw-backs might prove fatal in the long term due to lack of confidence/happiness and irreplaceable core skills.

Photo by Fab Lentz on Unsplash

I wish I could live my life twice and compare my current approach with the one where I just settle.

But that is maybe the beauty of life. After all, life would be so boring if we knew what exactly would happen.

Therefore:

  1. Play along and try our best, because that is within our power to control
  2. Do not dwell too much on the outcomes, because that is out of our control

 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment