Thursday, August 11, 2022

Running and a Grandpa

Photo by Emma Simpson on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


After so many years and so many tries, I finally brought myself to some running.

I started in the neighborhood park in a sunny afternoon around 4pm.

I did my warm-up and started running.

Right after I started, I passed by a Grandpa who was walking while swinging his arms in the same park.

After a short while of running, I had to stop, which was expected because I had not run or done any exercise for so long.

So I stopped running and started walking.

Shortly after, I noticed some footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw the Grandpa I just passed by.

He was still walking while swinging his arms. 

He has caught up with just walking in his own pace, feeling relaxed, while I was breathing heavily and sweating all over and had to consciously remind myself to walk faster.

In case you are wondering, he could not have taken any shortcut. I was pretty much running in a straight line.

Photo by Steven Lelham on Unsplash

So the take-away is that life is a Marathon, not a sprint. We all need to find our pace and stick to it and then time will be on our side.

And time always works magic!

 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment