Sunday, January 10, 2021

My Market Transactions — Wk 2

Photo by Chris Liverani on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here.


I am happy to be writing this post, because that means I have recovered somehow.

While the losses are lost, I have cowardly adjusted to the reality.

With the new year break over, I think it is time for me to resume my investment journey.


After reviewing my investment history, especially after comparing with my wife’s investment outcomes, I have decided to move away from only Broad Index ETFs.

I will keep a look out and invest in individual stocks from time to time.

As promised, I will report my transactions here for your reference.


Over the past week, I made the following transactions:

Capital injection: ~40KUSD

1.Semiconductor Mfg Intl: This is the leading enterprise for Chinese Chips. 

China will develop their own chips now for sure. The point of return is long passed.

With the US ban and conflict between the executives, the stock price halved. I think it is worth a shot in the long term.

2.Conch Cement: leading concrete producer in China.

Infrastructure building in China wont stop. So demand is there.

Moreover, it gives ~4% dividend.

Good for the long term.

3.China Southern Airlines: 

Airlines will recover after Covid. 

But why this airline? Not sure, my wife asked me to.

The stock prices last week show that we might be too optimistic about the Covid situation.

Capital outflow

None.

Photo by Robert Nyman on Unsplash

You might have noticed. All my injection was into Chinese corporations.

It might be my bias, but I have more confidence on China than the US for now.

The stock market is going well in the new year. Hope this will last.


Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment