Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Anxiety is not necessary most of the time

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

 

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


As my work becomes more demanding, I need to complete some things during the weekend, like updating this blog, hitting my reading target, and sometimes completing some work.

The ideal situation is that I could complete what I need to do early Saturday morning. Then I can enjoy the rest of the weekend.

But I cannot always do that due to various reasons.

That is when I start to feel anxieties sometimes.

I keep worrying about it to the point I cannot focus on and enjoy what I am doing now.

That hurts my happiness.

Photo by Hello I'm Nik on Unsplash

But most of the time, it proved to be unnecessary. 

Most of the time, I overestimated the difficulty of what needed to be done. 

And I could complete what I needed to do when I sat down and really got to it, many times earlier than my plan.

So I blamed myself why I had to let the anxiety affect my happiness.

Photo by Amol Tyagi on Unsplash

Being able to accurately estimate the workload is a skill, which takes only experiences and observation.

It can certainly help ease the anxiety.

But most importantly, we need to be able to focus on what we are doing currently and not worry about what may or may not be coming.

That is the only way of happiness.

To us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment