Thursday, March 17, 2022

I am the commonest commoner

Photo by Timon Studler on Unsplash

 

I don’t have the extraordinary comprehension of others

Nor do I have their great luck

I was not born into a rich or powerful family

Nor do I have anyone to reply on

Photo by Andre Hunter on Unsplash

But I’m not jealous or resentful or angry

Most importantly, I don’t give up or back down or give in

I gratefully welcome the lessons I have been taught over the years

I gladly endure the pain I have been put through in life

Photo by Noah Silliman on Unsplash

I will turn all of that into a sharp blade, and carve bravely on myself

I will make myself mature and wise at all costs

I will also cherish everything that I have created and come to possess, and use that as the foundation to travel a thousand miles

Photo by Paul Gilmore on Unsplash

So, I don’t care if people mock me for being slow or foolish

That is ok. I am the commonest commoner and just want to be the best of myself

And I will just keep going and never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment