Tuesday, October 4, 2022

VR Gaming — A Stop for Now

 

Photo by XR Expo on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!

 

I have had my Oculus Quest 2 for about a year now. It has given me countless joy and taken up much of my time.

I bought the headset for gaming, which was my primary use in the beginning. And I enjoyed it for the most part.

It was a brand new gaming experience, especially for shooters and flight simulators. The reloading, aiming, firing and movement was just so much more realistic and immersive.

However, the graphics were mostly bad, compared to PC versions. The gaming content was no match either. Worst of all, motion sickness always kicked in after some time.

Therefore, once I started using the headset for movies, it quickly became the preferred option for me.

It could simulate the cinema so well, just with complete control on what to play, screen size, cinema theme, pause, backward/forward etc etc.

However, I have never given up on VR gaming completely. I would take up the headset and start playing from time to time.

I did sweat and feel tired, which was the excuse I gave myself for getting the headset in the first place. 

The problem was that I always felt more tired than I should be, e.g. comparing with similar amount of pure physical activities. Sometimes, I felt that affected my energy level.

So I have decided to put a stop to VR gaming for now. 

My alternative would then be flat-screen gaming. It would be hard for me to go back to the shooters after VR, but strategy games should do.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment