Sunday, December 27, 2020

Monthly Net-Worth Update — Dec 2020 — Great Month but not by me

Photo by Micheile Henderson on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


We are so close to 2021!

2020 has been a Year of Challenge for many. I hope 2021 is going to be better for all of us. 

Just hang on and we will be there in a bit!


Here comes another update of our Net-Worth.

It is a great month, mostly not because of me!


Net-Worth increase from last month: 59.67K SGD, 0.35KG Gold

It is a big increase in monetary value.

Actually, it is the 2nd biggest monthly increment so far, just below Jan this year, which we had an increase of >70K (light before the tunnel..haha).

The increase was mainly because we finally took stock of our net-worth covering all our accounts, taking into consideration the investment returns made by my wife, as promised last month. 

She has made more returns in a single year with much less capital than I have made in the past 2.5 years and with most of our investable net-worth.

I took the lazy approach to DCA into broad ETFs (well, execution was a bit off) while she learned from some coaches and took a much more active approach.

It is not to say the active approach is better. I think it depends a lot on how the market is doing. But it did prove the alternative might also work.

I am happy that my wife made good returns. Otherwise, our situation would have been much worse. 


The increment in GOLD was low, compared to last month. This is due to increase of GOLD prices this month or rather the huge drop of GOLD prices last month.


I know you might be wondering where my salary went. 

First of all, it is not a lot and it is a painful reminder to stay that how much a loser I have been. Secondly, it mainly went to the renovation cost.


Again, hope 2021 is going to be better for all of us. Hell! We are going to make it better!


Investment: 4.20% annualized return, incl. dividend

Compared to last month, it is a slide dip. 

This does not include the returns of my wife. I have decided to keep it this way. 

It does not make sense for me to track all her transactions. Furthermore, I do not understand her logic in those transactions. Therefore, even showing the numbers won’t be of much help for me or my readers.

So this number will just reflect the investment made by me here.

We are still thinking about how to approach the investment in the new year. I will report continuously here.


Again, have a good break and lets rock in 2021~!


Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment