Friday, December 18, 2020

One Year Old and Big Thank You!

Photo by freestocks on Unsplash

Dear readers,

Thank you for coming here.


The first post in this blog was on Dec 13th 2019. We are 1 year and 5 days old!

How time flies! And I am super glad to have you as my reader for the past year.

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

In 2019, I thought about starting a blog several times. However, I always got the reason to delay it.

Until Dec when I was about to be jobless due to the offer retraction, I finally took the leap and never looked back.

Funny enough, I started my investment journey when the markets were near highs and experienced a correction shortly after.

And I started this blog at the low point of my life. 

Nevertheless, I am going to keep doing both for the long-term.

Photo by Austin Neill on Unsplash

Thinking back the painful experience of this year, this blog has helped me a lot and provided me a way to express myself. 

And the comments and encouragements from you, both online and offline, mean a lot to me.

Thank you very much for taking interest in my life and staying with me for the past year. 

And I sincerely hope this blog has provided a little help to you as well, even if only emotionally. This year has been tough for a lot of people.

Photo by DJ Johnson on Unsplash

Going forward, in order to connect with you better and hopefully be more helpful to you, I plan to implement below changes to take the blog further:


1.Topic: More on money and my own experiences

Looking at the analysis, posts on money and my own experiences tend to get more views, indicating more interests from you. 

I will post more on these topics.

On Money, I will resume my capital injection into stock markets after my recovery period (I am in the process to get things in place) and I will report my transactions here. If the community mentioned in my previous post can materialize, that would be even better.

On my Experiences, I will share the happenings in my life and my learnings and thoughts, for your reference. Hopefully, they can help you make better decisions and avoid pitfalls.

If you have topics you would like me to write more, do let me know and we will see how to work something out.


2.Frequency: 3 posts a week

I think more posts could be more helpful to you.

From the start of this blog, I have been doing one post per week. The main reason was to avoid over-promising and eventually hurting my abilities to continue this blog.

However, more often than not, I can gather more than one topic to write about over the course of one week. 

I have to pick one of those topics. And some of them end up staying as draft forever.

So doing more posts will allow me to share more of my thoughts and experiences with you, for your reference.

In terms of keeping the commitment, I have tried for two weeks to complete 3 posts a week. I think I am able to keep the pace. 

So I will publish 3 posts a week going forward. 

You can check back more often for new content.


3.Format: Shorter and easier to read

I get feedback that some of my paragraphs elaborate too much and make the article harder to read.

I will try my best to be brief and accurate in my future posts. Though I think it will take some time given my language capabilities and writing habits, my efforts will continue on.


4.Google Ads: Cherry on the cake

You may have noticed that I turned on Google Ads in this blog. To me, it is cherry on the cake.

I will not do the blog for the Ads revenue, but it is a good reminder that my efforts deliver value to others and are appreciated.

So if you see an ad that interests you, please do click and check it out. It will help me a lot!


5.Future: Let the bullets fly

Regarding the future of this blog, I have no vision at all, unlikely most of the projects I do.

So I will just let the bullets fly for a while.

If you have some thoughts, I would deeply appreciate and we can build this blog together.

But I believe we are off to something good. 

Not because I believe in myself, but because I have confidence in my readers.

I posted my previous entry “Will DCA into ETF still work in the current market?” around 00:30 and when I checked this morning, there were over 50 views before 8am, which means a significant portion of my readers are earlier risers and learners.

That alone gives me confidence. I will do a separate entry to elaborate why “getting up early” is enough sometimes to grow a whole new self.

Photo by Phil Desforges on Unsplash

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to you. Please do share this blog if you know someone who might benefit from it.


Till next Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.
    arca invest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words, Atif!

      I assume you work for Arca Invest? It seems interesting!

      Delete