Sunday, February 21, 2021

My Market Transactions — Wk8 2021 — Major

 

Photo by Chris Liverani on Unsplash

Dear readers,

Thank you for coming here!


We are almost 15% through 2021. How time flies!

The past week has been a bad week, with the US market drop. 

I finally made some major decisions after struggle. I would like to share that with you.


Here is another update on my transactions in the past week.


Capital injection: ~40KSGD

1.YALLA Group:

The price dropped 40% in the matter of 3 days. So we added positions twice during the week, one too early and one too late, perfectly missing the bottom.

The newly injected capital is at 20%+ loss now.

2.RLX Tech:

This is the leader in e-vapor products. With people caring more about health, there is potential. Also, they also have potential to increase sales by focusing on more online retails once the demand is there.

3.DADA Nexus:

This is a delivery business closely associated with JD. And JD logistics, though still losing money by itself, has been showing improvements.

Photo by MayoFi on Unsplash

Capital outflow:

1.ES3 & G3B & ABF:

Following my exit of Singtel and Keppel Infrastructure Trust last week, I have finally made the decision to exit the SG index as well.

I entered the market at the absolute peak and am still in the very RED after 3 years. There is no sign for it to recover to its highs.

I have planned to just hold for the long term. At least the dividends will keep coming. However, with the change of investing approach, my war-chest is empty.

So after a few weeks of struggle, I sold all my positions purchased with cash.

This puts a close to the SG index investment and all in all, it is a very bad investment for me. The realized losses, combined with the opportunity cost during the past 3 years is significant. 

Part of the freed-up cash has been deployed into the market as above capital inflow, and I was immediately hit by the US market drop, suffering 10%-20% losses on paper. 

Haha, maybe this portion of my money is bound to be invested at the time of peaks….If this happens a few more times, I will give an early warning, so that you guys can avoid what I am about to buy.

Lets see what happens.

Happy Investing!


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment