Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Three Pieces of Random Thoughts

 

Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


Hope everyone had a great CNY break. 

1.Focus on the positive for our own sake

During the break, I have been eating and eating, like a pig. I cannot even remember the last time when I felt hungry. It is like whenever any space in stomach was freed, it was immediately filled up.

Compared to my stomach, my mood was pretty good, but not entirely happy.

I always felt something was on my mind, weighing my mood down. But I did not know exactly what.

During a walk, my wife asked about the happiest time in my life. (PS: this was not a trick question. I can only say I have a great wife.)

I could not really recall any or not clearly at least. 

But my wife had so many, from her childhood to the time she just started working to having our children to having the moment of truth recently.

Her life was not easier than mine and she took care so much more staff around the house than I did.

That was when I realized I focused too much on the negative things, even without me realizing it.

And when I really took the time to look through the things I worried about, none of them could not be taken care of by a few thousand dollars at most.

While a few thousand dollars was not peanut, it certainly was not significant enough to weigh my mood down. 

What’s more, worrying about them did not really help much without actions and I knew there was not much I could do then.

So I wondered why.

Going one level deeper, I realized the underlying assumption: All things are supposed to go smooth for me and generate favorable outcomes for me. Suffering is not supposed to be associated with me.

Therefore, when some things went wrong or simply did not turn out the way I expected them to, I felt frustrated and that things were out of control, weighing my mood down.

Meanwhile, I was fully aware that things did not go as expected 9 out of 10 times. This weighed my mood further down because logically I knew what I pursued was not possible.

I think this is the closest I have ever got to the “Real Me”.

Therefore, lower expectations, be prepared for frustrations and unfortunate events and focus on the positive, for our own sake.

Photo by Katrina Wright on Unsplash

2.The way to believe

The first step to achieve something is to believe in it.

However, we cannot just force ourselves to believe in something.

We need support.

One of the best support is to actually see it.

We get an opportunity to see something we thought was not possible. That could be everything, even though we did not get to reach it or worse we suffered heavy losses in the pursuit.

As long as we believe (know for sure) that it is achievable, we will no longer be constraint by anything less and we will keep progressing toward it, no matter how far away we are now.

Photo by Launchpresso on Unsplash

3.The one with Google Ads

The number of ads shown on this blog has been limited due to “Invalid traffic concerns”.

Google will not disclose more details. So I do not know exactly what it means.

However, it seems that repeatedly clicking the same ads or clicking too many ads on the same page could lead to this.

So please do help avoid clicking the ads repeatedly.

Having said that, I really appreciate your help in clicking the ads that are interesting to you and I have made about 30SGD so far, as a recognition and motivation to me to keep writing.

Thank you!


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment