Thursday, September 30, 2021

Quick Update

Photo by Robert Bye on Unsplash

Dear readers,

Thank you for coming here!


Here is another quite update post.

1.The work

I have started an additional commitment this week and it has quickly proven to be a bit overwhelming.

Partly it is because I have been idle for too long.

Maybe partly also because it has just started and I have not got my head around it.

But I clearly feel the stress, to the point I feel very tired at end of the day, even though not much has been accomplished.

But I believe I can adapt.

And once I do, I know the stress will ease and productivity will go up.

I hope that day comes sooner.

So for our own sake, do not allow ourselves to stay idle. 

It is hard to pick up the speed once we lose it. 

Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters on Unsplash

2.The blog

The stress has got me struggling what to write for this entry.

I thought of two options:

  • A “Minor Update” to let you guys know that I have this overwhelming commitment and my updates might be a bit behand in the next one or two months.
  • A “Quick Update”

The first option would mean a heads-up that the cadence below, which I have been following for this year, might be broken.

I have stuck to three posts a week, on afternoons/evenings of Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, so that you can read them on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

The second option would allow me to complete this entry fast and at the same time, would not grant me excuse to break the cadence just yet.

I decided to go with the second option. 

After all, the building of a cadence is not easy. I should not just give it up so easily.

And I believe writing is good for me, even for the current commitment and the bigger thing that is coming.

And I believe I can still manage for now.

And most importantly, I do not want to disappoint and lose you!

So regular update it is!

Photo by Ameer Basheer on Unsplash

3. The award

My wife got a promotion and three salary increments this year.

It seems a lot, but really depends how you look at it.

She has not changed job for the past 10+ years and her salary has not been much higher than a fresh graduate.

She started work with a higher salary than I did, but she has been making far less over the years.

So this is like her company making it up to her.

But of course, her current manager (Female) is very supportive and works very well with her.

Otherwise, she might still be drawing the fresh-level salaries.

But still, this is great news. 

I can see she is happy and I am really happy for her. 

I am happy for myself too because I also get to spend that money…haha

So in a way, life is fair.

We never really lose what is ours or own what is not. 

Just that it might come later.

But later is always better than never.


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment