Tuesday, November 23, 2021

VR Update 3 — More than just shooters

Photo by Craig Whitehead on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here! 


I bought VR for games, particularly for shooters. 

I was not looking at anything else. I did get the experience, which is awesome.

However, as I spent more time in VR, I realized it would not be just for shooters.

Games like Superhot, Beat Saber and even some fitness games are a lot of fun also. 

I do not want to say it, but they could be more fun and engaging than the shooters. 

And they bring more exercises as well, which was also a reason for me to go into VR.

Photo by Jeremy Yap on Unsplash

But it did not just stop there.

Watching videos and movies in VR also blew my mind.

With Apps like BigScreen VR, I could literally feel I am in a big IMAX cinema, probably better.

  • No need to purchase the ticket
  • No need to wait for the timing
  • No need to queue to enter the cinema
  • No noisy or moving people
  • No more uncomfortable seats in some cinemas
  • No risk of catching Covid from the guy/girl next door
  • I can pick any seat I want
  • I can play the movie of my choice
  • I can go back and re-watch what I have missed
  • I can lie down on my bed
  • I can even watch 3D movies
  • You can watch the same movie with your friends in their “Room” or “Yours”
  • ….

Who the hell needs to go to a real cinema again? 

Photo by ShareGrid on Unsplash

But seriously, the Oculus Quest 2 is so unfriendly to people who wear glasses.

I need to get the prescription inserts.

I have just been lazy to get my eye-sight measured. But that has become so clear that it is a must-have.


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment