Thursday, December 1, 2022

This unbelievable HR opened my eyes!

Photo by R. du Plessis on Unsplash

 

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!

 

It is not the first time I heard or encountered HRs who tried to make employees’ lives difficult.

But this one really opened my eyes.

She would try to undercut people by “mistakenly” miscalculating their annual leave balances, delaying their payment, pushing people to fill in forms that are not needed etc etc.

It happened to me and, from what I heard, many other colleagues.

Things would get rectified eventually, but not without repeated calls. One round of communication will never solve the problem. There would always be something else “unexpected” that would require you to call her again and again. 

It almost seems to me that all she wants is for people to call her and acknowledge her importance.

This really opened my eyes.

The other HRs I encountered who tried to make things difficult were at least based on some company policies or contract clauses. And once agreement was reached, execution would normally go as expected.

But this one, she based on repeated mistakes. And no one is too stupid to see the “intentional-ness” behind those mistakes.

Photo by Michal Matlon on Unsplash

I seriously could not understand why she would do that. 

She would not save money for the company because people will not simply let go the money they are entitled to by contract. 

All she does is annoy people and ruin the goodwill of the company.

And to her, I am sure some people would not mind filing some complaints. Worse still, she burns bridges with whoever she deals with. And when those people rise up, they probably will rule out hiring her.

She is digging her own grave career-wise.

Or am I missing something? If so, please do leave a comment to enlighten me.

I kind of want to take some actions to fix this problem.

 

Till next time!

1 comment: