Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Angry — Quick Update

 

Photo by engin akyurt on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


Today is going to be a quick update.

1.Ads revenue disappearing

I just noticed that only ~30% of my ads revenue last week was counted.

And the revenue just disappears on certain days as well. I could see some numbers at the middle of the day and nothing in the evening.

Apparently, this is entirely up to Google and there is no way to appeal or get an explanation.

I feel pretty frustrated and angry!

I did not do this for the money, but seeing the appreciation from you just disappear like that does ruin my mode.

Hopefully, this wont happen again.

And Thank you for your support!

Photo by Madelynn woods on Unsplash

2.For the first time in a long time, I spent 2+ hours creating one slide

I could have done it much quicker, but I decided to spend the time to make it solid work, no matter whether that is necessary or not and no matter whether that would be appreciated or not.

I happen to have the time also.

So after a bad meeting, I spent half of my afternoon doing that slide. Considering the time spent in mentally drafting that slide, it was well over 2 hours.

2 hours for one slide. That is slow even with consulting standard. 

I am pretty happy with it. 

However, whether the person this slide is created for will be happy with it is an entirely different story.

But that does not stop me from feeling good.

It has been a long time since I spent this much time and thoughts on one slide, or anything for that matter. 

I feel pretty good. I guess I am the type of person who would derive good feelings from dedication and commitment.

Photo by nour tayeh on Unsplash

3.Unsplash not working entirely well

Just as I am writing this entry, Unsplash is not working entirely well, which prevented me from using the pictures of my first choice.

However, for the most of the time, it is Superb! It made it so easy to include pictures in my blog posts.

Thank you very much, Unsplash and the people who upload the pictures.

I hope Unsplash could reward the people who upload popular pictures. I am happy to pay a small fee based on usage.

Good work should be rewarded!


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment