Monday, June 7, 2021

My Market Transactions — Wk23 2021

 

Photo by Micheile Henderson on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


I made some transactions last week and they are not particularly good.

Here are my transactions for the last week!


Capital injection: ~900SGD

1.OEG

I was trying to ride the trend and speculate/gamble.

I looked at this stock before and thought the trend could continue for a day or two. 

So I went in with 100 shares and did not even had a chance. So two hours later, I exited with ~150SGD loss.

Photo by Austin Distel on Unsplash

Capital outflow: ~22KSGD

1.YALA

I added 1000shares at 15.5 the week before last week, which made my holdings too heavy in my portfolio. I was a bit worried.

So seeing the stock on the rise, I just put a “limit” order at 10% gain.

I was going to wait and see, but fell asleep. So I sold at 17.05 while the highest price on that day reached 18.2/18.3. 

I would have caught the trend if I stayed awake for another half an hour. 

Sadly, there is no “if”.

However, I am happy with the transaction. 

Not because of the 10% gain. Actually, I was more irritated by losing the change of 20% gain, vs securing the 10%.

But because the concept of portfolio really came to me. 

I really convinced myself of maintaining a balanced portfolio, instead of going for any single stock emotionally, which cost me dearly in the past.

The rationale behind the decision is more important than a right decision itself.


Happy investing!


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment