Tuesday, October 5, 2021

I have a dream …

Photo by Jimi Malmberg on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here! 


I have a dream that I can exercise and play games at the same time.

Apparently, mouse and keyboard is not going to cut it.

VR/AR seems promising, but they have progressed so slowly over the years.

I checked them out like 4 years back and decided to wait…

Recently, I checked them out again and it seems they are acceptable now.

The headsets are affordable enough now and maybe even more importantly, light/comfortable/flexible enough now. 

The graphics is acceptable too, for most PCVR titles. For Quest titles, it depends.

The control, as I heard from a friend, is good enough to be enjoyable now.

Most importantly, there are a vast pool of titles for our selection now, with a few “close to perfection” ones, like “Half-Life: Alyx”.

From Internet

Seriously, I am hooked. 

I think it is high time I get some exercise now. 

The headset I am looking at now is Oculus Quest 2.

The only things that hold me back:

  1. Busy schedule now with this extra work commitment
  2. Rumors about Oculus Quest Pro being announced on 28th Oct

I want to wait to see what Facebook has to offer. 

And my commitment should end shortly after that too, before it picks up again, leaving me the time to enjoy it.

If I do that, you guys can surely hear me sharing my experiences in this blog. I am just worried that I will share too much and bore you.

From Internet

By the way, I have watched Free Guy, as promised a while ago.

It is so disappointing to see that people still play the game in front of their desk with mice's and keyboards, in the age of AI!

Guys, you need to up your game!


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment