Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Path of life…

Photo by Lili Popper on Unsplash

 

Dear Readers,

Than you for coming here!


Fate does not only determine where we will end up, but also how we will get there.

At least, it feels like that sometimes.

I had a chat recently with an ex-colleague, who I am working with now for the next month or so.

Like me, he was in a very comfortable position in life.

Like me, he could not just enjoy it, feeling it was wrong and insecure to relax like that.

Like me, he “got out of his comfort zone”.

Unlike me, he did not experience any major set-back.

But like me, he was also struggling a bit, questioning himself why he could not just go with the flow and had to put himself in the struggling situation.

Photo by Arifur Rahman on Unsplash

On the contrary, I also know people who are really good at enjoying life.

They may not make a lot of money, but they feel everything is in control. Even if something goes wrong, they just know that they will be ok.

I sincerely admire their sense of security and how relaxed they are.

I cannot help thinking sometimes that this may be the right way with life.

I tried to categorize the two types of people based on the background or traits, which did not really yield any convincing results.

If anything, first-generation immigrants exhibit more behaviors towards the former, while locals with big families tend to lead towards the latter.

This makes logical sense though. 

Immigrants have to sort out many things all by themselves in the new environment, while having a big family locally means help and support on many issues, big and small.

Photo by Fab Lentz on Unsplash

Personally, I feel my path to where I belong is hard work.

The only opportunity I had to achieve “Financial Freedom” in a few years turned out to be a serious set-back, even though I was so close to it.

4 years in the stock market left me with a huge paper loss.

Now, I stretch myself every day with work. I could not even stop thinking about it while eating.

But unbelievable as it is, I feel good: productive, fulfilled, valued and even confident.

Well, surely seems that is my path.

What is yours?


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment