Thursday, July 29, 2021

Half-Conscious Update

Photo by Cris Saur on Unsplash

Dear Readers,

Thank you for coming here!


This is going to be a quick one. 

After 6-hour interviews, my head is half dead to say the least. 

I have done 6/7 hours of face-to-face interviews in a day before. Never thought online interviews would be more tiring on the mind.

So this will be a quick update.

Photo by Steve Halama on Unsplash

1.All the interviews

I have done 10 interviews in the past two days. This has become the full-time job.

Luckily, work is not so full now.

And I am only half way through.

This is so far the largest hiring efforts for me.

The experiences did bring some additional learnings about interviews for both sides.

I will summarize those in a post after I have gone through the whole process.

Photo by Manny Moreno on Unsplash

2.All the games.

When Cyberpunk 2077 first came out in Dec, I was quite busy and did not play it. 

Afterwards, I was just scared off by all the ridiculous bugs, reported by players.

A friend tried Cyberpunk 2077 again recently and told me that the game was playable now after all the patches.

So I tried it also. 

And I am hooked.

I have always fancied a futuristic and chaotic world. I still remember the first movie of this kind where Humans can unlock the full potential of our brains and be God-like!

Even only a few hours in the game, I can see the complexity and connections of the storyline. If it is anywhere close to the Witcher 3, it is a more than great game. CDPR’s ability is not to be underestimated.

The gameplay is good too. The shooting is definitely not the best but it is good enough for a RPG. The progression and weapon systems are good too!

All in all, I think I am going to throw lots of hours into this game.

Photo by Nick Fewings on Unsplash

3.All the cases

The recent outbreak of Covid cases is literally in my neighborhood. We have been keeping our kids at home for a while. 

Luckily, my wife and I are both working from home.

Sometimes, I cannot help feeling lucky not being able to onboard my China job. If I did, we would probably be in different places in times like this.

Money is important for sure. But life is more than that.

Stay safe!!

Photo by Michael Longmire on Unsplash

4.All the losses

The stock market….arh…do not even get me started on this.


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment